Blue NC Friends -
Thank you for your past support of YDNC, the Farm Team, and myself. As you know, your support has helped thousands of young North Carolinians gain a voice in the political process. I want you to know that your contribution has gone a long way. We've had a great year so far. Read on.
- Our Vice President, Sharron Bryant, is leading a Membership Committee that is growing chapters across the state.
- The current & former YDNC Boards made great strides organizing chapters in Western North Carolina, and our 11th District Chair, Justin Conley, is continuing this work.
- Platform & Resolutions Chair Gabriel Seth Koch led an innovative, well-attended General Assembly Lobby Day in June.
- National Committeewoman Montica Talmadge led a successful trip to Louisville for the Young Democrats of America Convention ... and it culminated in YDNC winning a Democracy for America training for North Carolina.
- National Committeeman Andy Ball, Secretary Rick Ingram, and Sharron Bryant spearheaded charity efforts to raise money for the NC Disaster Relief Fund and HBCUs affected by the April Tornadoes; this weekend we're sending volunteers to help with Hurricane Irene cleanup.
- Treasurer John R. R. Owens & 2011 YD of the Year Adam Compton professionalized our campaign reporting and greatly improved our compliance.
Your Young Democrats are working hard to build the political force needed to take back the General Assembly in 2012. If you're ready to help again, please sponsor or attend our Gantt-Watt Dinner in Charlotte on September 17.
Our Gantt-Watt Dinner is shaping up to be the capstone on an amazing weekend of Democratic action. Mayor Harvey Gantt, Representative Mel Watt, Mayor Anthony Foxx, and YDA Executive VP Colmon Elridge will be in attendance to celebrate this special night.
We hope you can contribute to the future and progress of the state of North Carolina. Please RSVP to join us today!
President, Young Democrats of North Carolina