I thought this Open House Project article might be of interest. Basically the author, John Wonderlich, is trying to start a discussion to refine what the netroots is really after. What is necessary for "perfect participation" (to quote Cesar Chavez) in Government?
Here are some of his questions and the link to the article:
- I'd like to know more about what you all are working toward; what are we enabling?
- Do you want everyone to understand the monetary cost of new legislation?
- Give citizens and legislators a forum to grapple over pending legislation?
- Connect news and blog posts with bills as they work through Congress?
- Illuminate the connection between money and politics?