"The campaign needs your help with these upcoming events:
Shindig on the Green
* When: July 22, August 12, 19, 26, & September 2 (7:00 – 10:00PM)
* Where: Martin Luther King Jr. Park on MLK Drive in Asheville
* What: Walk around the park wearing Heath Shuler T-Shirts and hand out campaign stickers. You’ll help provide visibility for the campaign, while enjoying one of Asheville’s great summertime traditions!
* When: Every Monday and Wednesday Evening from 5:30 – 8:00PM.
* Where: Campaign Headquarters at 735 Haywood Road in West Asheville and at Buncombe County Democratic Headquarters at 951 Old Fairview Road in East Asheville. There will also be phone banking events at various locations across the district.
* What: You will make calls to voters based on an easy to follow script. If you’ve never made calls for a campaign before, this is your chance! Not only is it a great chance to meet your fellow volunteers, but it is one of the most important ways you can help the campaign.
* When: Saturday, July 29th, 10:00 – 3:00PM
* Where: Meet at Buncombe County Headquarters at 951 Old Fairview Road in East Asheville. Events also planned in Haywood County (contact campaign for details).
* What: July 29th marks 100 days until the election! We’ll pair you with another volunteer to go door-to-door in various neighborhoods. You’ll hand out campaign literature and ask a few simple questions. Volunteers have found that this can be a life-changing experience! If you truly want to see change in our country, this is the event for you!!
Fundraising Event with Former Governor Hunt & Congressman Tanner
* When: August 4th and 5th , from 5:00 – 7:00PM
* Where: Blue Ridge Motion Pictures Studio, 12 Old Charlotte Highway in Asheville
* What: You’ll get the chance to participate in one of the biggest events of the campaign and see the inside of Western North Carolina’s premiere movie studio! The event also includes live entertainment and a live auction. The campaign needs people to help setup on August 4th, provide various services during the event, and then help clean-up after the event ends.
Bele Chere Festival
* When: July 28, 29, 30.
* Where: Downtown Asheville
* What: Wear your Heath Shuler T-shirts, carry signs, and hand out literature during Asheville’s largest summer festival.
There is no more important contribution you can make to this election that offering your valuable time and commitment. Please respond to this email or contact me at the numbers below to sign-up for these events!
Thanks in advance for your help.
Heath Shuler for Congress
(828) 258-7352 - Office
(828) 279-0018 - Mobile"