Despite the fact that you have to take anything coming out of the ultra-conservative John Pope center with a grain of salt or as utter nonsense, there are some interesting numbers from their January survey (and some completely useless numbers that resulted from slanted questioning).
First, even this ultra-conservative group finds support for an increase in the minimum wage:
18. Do you support or oppose increasing the minimum wage in NC by $1.00 that would bring it to $6.15 per hour?
Not sure 4%
And that the state is happy with its Democratic administration:
1. Do you feel things in NC are headed in the right direction or wrong track?
Right direction 48%
Wrong track 39%
Not sure 13%
2. Approve or disapprove of the job performance of the State Legislature?
Not sure 16%
3. If the 2006 election for state legislator were held today, vote Republican or Democrat?
Not sure 20%
But it looks like more people see both parties as corrupt than pinning the blame on either one (a win for Republicans):
12. Which political party in Washington do you believe is more corrupt?
Both equally 40%
13. Which political party in NC do you think is more corrupt?
Both equally 37%
Now for the slanted questions:
15. In light of the major increases in the cost of gas, should this tax be eliminated or is it necessary to meet the transportation needs in NC?
Not sure 7%
16. Would you support the elimination of the 15% gas tax increase?
Not sure 18%
17. Do you think illegal immigrants contribute to your local economy or do they drain the local economy?
Not sure 12%
21. Would you be more or less likely to: vote for a candidate for state legislature: Who made a commitment to end the ½ cent temporary sales tax?
No difference 22%
Not sure 8%
22. Who committed to supporting a state constitutional amendment to protect private property from being taken by the government for private use?
No difference 5%
Not sure 4%
23. Who supports legislation requiring the deportation of illegal immigrants convicted of such things as drunk driving and other crimes that do not carry jail sentences?
No difference 4%
Not sure 4%
That last one is just absurd. First it asks about "illegal" immigrants and then inserts a very serious and deadly crime, drunk driving. Not to mention the fact that DUI can result in a jail sentence under certain circumstances. Remember that grain of salt thing.