Location: Organizing for America's Raleigh HQ (Raleigh, NC), 130 East Morgan Street in downtown Raleigh, NC 27601
Host: Patty Williams
WHAT ARE WE DOING? We're having fun, noshing great food, phone banking for better health-care coverage, and, above all, supporting Kim Yaman (aka MsSpentyouth here at Blue NC and DailyKos) as she fights the restrictions of her health insurance to get treatment for Cushing's disease.
WHAT DO I BRING?: a healthy appetite for healthcare reform and a dish to share.
- If your name begins with A-O, bring an entree. If your name begins with P-Z, bring dessert.
- a fully-charged cell phone and a burning desire to move the healthcare reform mountain.
- an extra cell-phone charger if you've got one
WHAT'S THE AFTERNOON'S AGENDA?:
- Introduction to the OFA NC staff and lead volunteers
- Short teleconference with national OFA leader
- Kim's story: "I can't afford this diagnosis, even with my insurance"
- "Five MYTHS, Five FACTS" training
- Eat, call, and be merry!
Read more from last Friday's N&O front-page story: "Her Coverage, Salary, Savings Don't Pay the Bills."
Sign up here. We can change this system, one call and one conversation at a time. We've done it before and we'll do it again. Yes, we will!