Cross posted at Mydd.com. Kissell's situation may be a little different, where he needs to put CAFTA CAFTA and CAFTA in every spot, but you get the idea.
I'm tired. I'm frustrated. I'm probably, like a lot of you, fed up with the rerun that plays every other September called "Democrats Run for Cover While Republicans Beat Us Like Red-headed Stepchildren" So to any Democrat listening, and especially to any Democrat that's in charge of Messaging for a campaign, it's time to put up or shut up.
Here's a refresher for what's happened just since Labor Day
1. Bush conflates Iraq and 9/11.
2. Boehner says Democrats are more concerned about saving terrorists than Americans.
3. Ensign and DeMitt do the same thing in the Senate.
4. Santorum releases new ad saying Casey is funded by a cabal of jailbirds (completely false).
5. Nancy Johnson says Chris Murphy wants to protect terrorists' phone calls.
6. Repeat 1-5 all across the country and in compliant stenographic press corps.
And that's just since Tuesday. So instead of hunkering down and taking it like we usually do, and then hope that Dems will just remember to get to the polls, how about we try something different this time? I call it,
Make Republicans Eat Their Own Sh*t
1. If Bush likes Bin Laden so much now, then we're gonna show him with Bin Laden every chance we get. Put up an ad that puts up EVERY quote about how Bush thinks Bin Laden isn't a priority. Who cares if they're out of context or if he retracted his statements afterward? Make them F*ing eat it. Then put up pictures of the twin towers burning. Then put up more pictures of Bush with Bin Laden on the loose walking peacefully through Pakistan. Then put up a picture of the republican candidate along with these pictures. Get the idea? Bush + A-hole republican = Bin Laden + Twin Towers. Simple.
2. Repeat 1. except replace pictures of Bin Laden and twin towers with pictures of people on rooftops in New Orleans. Show picture of Bush strumming guitar while people die in NO. Now show picture of a-hole republican smiling while people die on rooftops and point out how asshole republican supported Bush's fuck-up in NO. It's a tenuous link you say (like they voted against an amendment to restore wetlands in LA)? Too bad, images matter. Details Don't so make them f*ing eat it. So Bush + A-hole Republican = People Dying on Rooftops.
3. Repeat 1 and 2 except replace with pictures of violence in Iraq and/or Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Sadaam Hussein. Put on the screen number of Americans killed and wounded. Now show footage of Bush saying how sure he is there are weapons of mass destruction. Ask people, "wouldn't you like to ask the president some questions about how we got into Iraq?". Say how a-hole republicans in congress and local a-hole republican in particular won't and can't ask questions. Then tell them to vote Democratic. Throw in some more pictures of Bin Laden.
Got the idea?
Iraq + Bin Laden + Katrina = Democratic Congress