I guess you could consider this an open thread; I'm borrowing this list from an entry Chris Weigant posted in the Huffington Post back in August, which I remembered after stumbling upon an article at NewsMax last week that reported that good ol' Hot Karl Rove has promised the GOP faithful an October Surprise.
So, what's it going to be?
(1) Announce the capture and/or death of Osama Bin Laden.
(2) Gas price relief at the pump for average Americans.
(3) Bombing Iran's nuclear facilities.
(4) Bombing Syria in support of Israel.
(5) Bombing Ned Lamont's house in Connecticut.
(6) The GOP brings the troops home from Iraq.
(7) Exploit the Fidel Castro situation in Cuba.
(8) Announce Cheney will step down as Vice President after the election.
(9) Announce the U.S. has thwarted a huge terrorist plot to ... (fill in the blank).
(10) Announce that Barbara and/or Jenna Bush has joined the Marines and will soon be deploying to Iraq.
My money's on #9. #3 sounds plausible. They could persuade Al-Jazeera to broadcast a hitherto-unaired Osama tape, but that's soooo 2004. I'm thinking the simplest thing to do would be to just raise the terr' alert to RED!!! It's been a while since I've seen Terror Alert Elmo or Meatwad on people's blog sidebars.
(Just curious; is polling set up on BlueNC?)