More below the fold.
I'm going to stop updating for a while - the races I've got here look to be done, and several sources are calling Morgan/Boylan for the latter. More later.
Here are a few of the races I'm really interested in today.
- Taylor/Armor in NC-11—Armor won't win, but how much he loses by will be among the tea leaves we'll be reading going in to November.
8:55 - 4,078/1,257 Taylor
9:15 - 4,462/1,341 Taylor
9:25 - 7,170/2,020 Taylor
9:30 - 8,051/2,121 Taylor
10:00 - 15,571/3,854 Taylor
10:10 - 17,665/4,557 Taylor (20%+ for Armor)
- Rhodes/Tillis in House 98 (Mecklenburg) has generated a lot of talk and pits the most outspoken conservative in the NCGA (and least effective legislator) against a pro-business moderate Republican. The wingnut is the incumbent.
- Boylan/Morgan in the 52nd (House) will be one of the biggest events this year in the ongoing battle between the doctrinaire (Pope/Cobey) wing of the NCGOP and the "let's try governing" (Morgan) faction.
- Mintz/Harrell in House 41 pits a faux Democrat against a real Democrat.
10:00 - 1,539/493Harrell
- Purgason/Foriest fighting for the chance to be my State Senator—it's touching. Senate 24 (I'm pulling for Foriest).
9:00 - 146/20 Foriest
10:00 - 1,691/507 Foriest
- Senate 31—will we have Nate Tabor to kick around after tonight?
- Blust/Garwood (in Senate 45) has been a "who's a real conservative" western showdown.
9:05 - 4,034/3,219 Blust
9:15 - 4,841/3,922 Blust
Which ones y'all watchin'?