If time is the currency of life, we should be spending like there's no tomorrow. Because unless we turn the American ship of state in a new direction, we, dear friends, are are totally screwed. According to the Internets, (you know, the Tubes), here's how much time we have at our disposal:
3 months, 8 days
Fourteen weeks. Doesn't sound like a very long time. What are you going to do? I mean exactly: what are you going to do? Give us all the gory details.
Here's what I'm going to do.
1. Write John Edwards a thank you note. He made a mistake and he fixed it. Imagine what this world would look like if all our elected officials operated that way. He listened. He responded with integrity and grace. He won my confidence.
2. Nail down a list of top progressives running for office this fall (incumbents and challengers) who most need our help ... and maybe harass Lance into getting a BlueNC Act Blue page posted to make it easy to contribute to their campaigns.
3. Tell at least one person each day why Virginia Foxx, Charles Taylor and Robin Hayes are bad for North Carolina and the country.
4. Write at least one letter to the editor each week about the risks to North Carolina of a Republican legislature.
5. Keep up daily pressure on Art "the Puppetmaster" Pope so that candidates are either embarrassed or ashamed to accept his corporate backing.
I'm not sure if these things are the best use of my 8 million seconds or not, and I'm totally open to other suggestions, requests and ideas. And maybe, just maybe, you'll tell us hat you're going to do, too.
(This took more than 3000 of my seconds. Grrrrr.)