Monday News: Free-fire zone

TWO IDIOTS GET INTO A SHOOTOUT, YOUNG DAUGHTER GETS SHOT: A young girl was among three people injured by gunfire during a road rage incident that erupted into shooting between two motorists. WRAL-TV reported that both drivers have claimed self-defense. The gun violence occurred Saturday in Granville County. Both cars were driven by men. They had girlfriends and daughters as passengers. According to the Raleigh station, the men exchanged heated words before opening fire on each other. The exact nature of the dispute is unclear. The report says one driver was shot in the neck and his young daughter sustained a wound to a leg. The other motorist was shot in the hand. The medical status of the youngster and the two men was not immediately clear. Investigators are reviewing video from security cameras at a grocery store's parking lot where some kind of dispute apparently escalated. Grocery shopping is dangerous business, apparently.
https://www.wral.com/report-young-child-among-3-shot-in-road-rage-shooting/19804113/

SOUTHEAST RALEIGH MAN DIES FROM GUNSHOT WOUND SATURDAY: A man was shot and killed Saturday night in Southeast Raleigh, as the city continues to see rising gun violence this year. The shooting took place around 7:30 p.m. on Rock Quarry Road, in the southeastern part of the city, the Raleigh Police Department said in a news release Sunday. Charlie Cook Debnam, 31, was taken to the hospital, where he died from his gunshot wound. In the eight days from July 24 to Saturday, seven people were shot in Raleigh. A drive-by shooting near downtown Tuesday morning injured three people last week, The N&O reported. Three other non-fatal shootings took place in that seven-day span, with people shot on Perry Creek Road, Stony Brook Drive and Shanda Drive. As of July 27, Raleigh had seen 14 people die from gun violence and a total of 467 crimes involving firearms, according to police data. Those figures are both higher than in the previous two years.
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article253178783.html

13 YEAR-OLD MONROE GIRL KILLED IN DRIVE-BY SHOOTING: Police in North Carolina arrested one man Sunday and were searching for other suspects in connection with a drive-by shooting a day earlier that left a 13-year-old girl dead. The victim was sitting outside with friends on a picnic table in Monroe, about 30 miles from Charlotte, when an SUV drove by Saturday evening and someone inside opened fire, police said. The child, who was not immediately identified, was treated at the scene and then transported to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead. “These individuals took an innocent life for absolutely no reason and now a family and community has to live with this forever,” Monroe Police Chief Bryan Gilliard said in a news release Sunday. According to the news release, Javon Demontre Robinson, 20, of Monroe, was arrested, charged with first-degree murder and was being held without bond. It was not immediately clear if he had an attorney who could comment on his behalf.
https://www.salisburypost.com/2021/07/25/child-killed-in-monroe-drive-by-shooting-1-arrested/

MAN ARRESTED AFTER TRYING TO BRING MACHINE PISTOL AND AMMO INTO MECK COURTHOUSE: A man accompanying his wife to the Mecklenburg County Courthouse for a traffic ticket tried to enter the building with a gun and ammunition, sheriff’s deputies say. The Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office said in a news release that Shaun Donte Anthony, 35, of Huntersville entered the courthouse on Tuesday with a bookbag. When two deputies put the bag through an X-ray scanner, they saw a gun, which they seized. Donte was placed under arrest, the news release said. Along with a pistol, deputies found 27 rounds of ammunition in the bag, according to the sheriff’s office. Donte was arrested and charged with possession of a deadly weapon on a state property or courthouse and taken to the Mecklenburg County jail before being released on bond. It's not known if he has an attorney.
https://www.wfae.org/crime-justice/2021-07-28/gun-ammo-found-in-mans-backpack-at-charlotte-courthouse

19 YEAR-OLD ST. PAULS YOUTH DEAD FROM GUNSHOT WOUND THURSDAY: Deputies responded about 2:40 a.m. today to a report of a person shot at 885 N. Alford Road in St. Pauls, according to the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office. The victim, St. Pauls resident Marqueise Coleman, was taken to UNC Health Southeastern’s medical center by private vehicle before deputies arrived at the scene. Coleman was pronounced dead upon arrival at the medical center, according to the Sheriff’s Office. The Public Schools of Robeson County and St. Pauls High School issued statements today concerning the Coleman’s death. “The Public Schools of Robeson County extend our deepest condolences to the family and friends of Marqueise Coleman who tragically passed away last night. Marqueise was a standout student-athlete at St. Pauls High School that graduated in 2020,” the statement posted on Facebook by PSRC reads. “As we mourn, the loss of one of our Bulldog Family — Marqueise Coleman-Brown, please keep his family in your prayers. Marqueise was a loved student, faithful friend, and committed teammate,” the statement by St. Pauls High School reads.
https://www.robesonian.com/news/148371/sheriffs-office-investigates-fatal-st-pauls-shooting

Tags: 

Comments

It's an interesting

It's an interesting compilation of letters to an editor. It makes you think.